Welcome to Nepal Geological Society
Welcome to official website of Nepal Geological Society, your web-highway to the Geology of Nepal Himalaya. The objective of this website is to introduce the Nepal Geological Society including its members, scientific activities, contributions, etc. to everyone interested in the society as well as the Nepal Himalaya. The Nepal Geological Society, an attractive meeting place for all the geoscientists of the world, especially those with particular interest in the Himalaya, aims to encourage the advancement of geosciences in Nepal.
- Abstract volume of 27th HKT is now available to download, click here
- 27th HKT - Report from the convener is now available to download, click here
- Call for paper, Volume 44 - Journal of Nepal Geological Society. For detail information click here.
- Abstract volume of Sixth Nepal Geological Congress is available to download, click here.
- The Detail Program of Sixth Nepal Geological Congress is available to download click here.
- Volume 27, Bulletin of Nepal Geological Society is available to download click here.
- Report of 32nd Annual General Body Meeting is available to download click here.
- Report of ISDR 2009 Workshop is available to download click here.
- Report of ISDR 2010 Workshop is available to download click here.
- Report of IDDR 2011 Workshop is available to download click here.
It may be of your interest...
Epicenter of 1934 Bihar-Nepal Earthquake was in the Lesser Himalayan region, not beneath the plains of northern India!! Read more.
- Kusma terrace of Parbat district has subsidence and sink holes problems!! Read more.
- There is strong seasonal variation in ground water quality of Kathmandu Valley!! Read more.
The Narayani River near Mangalpur village migrated about 32 km of west and there is high possiblity of breaching of natural leeve protecting villages from devastating floods!! Read more.
The Tertiary Chuchura Formation in Nepal is assigned as the Precambrian Rautgara Formation in India when you cross the Mahakali River, the Indo-Nepal western border, Read more.