Nepal Geological Society (NGS) founded in 1980 is a professional scientific organization of Geoscientists. It was formally registered at the office of Chief District Officer in Kathmandu, Nepal on 15 April 1980 (2 Baishakh 2037 BS). It has just over …
Himalaya Karakoram-Tibet (HKT) Workshop
- Twenty Seventh HKT Workshop: 28-30 November, 2012
- Ninth HKT Workshop: 1-4 April, 1994
Nepal Geological Congress
- Ninth Nepal Geological Congress: 19-21 November, 2018
- Eighth Nepal Geological Congress: 27-29 November, 2016
- Seventh Nepal Geological Congress: 07-09 April,
Other Regular Activities since 1980
- Organize Scientific Talk programs to share the geo-scientific research findings and exchange the knowledge through inviting eminent scientists from Nepal and Abroad
- Organized several Training Programs by inviting eminent scientists from Nepal and abroad.
- Associated Society of Geological Society of America (GSA)
- National Group of International Association of Engineering Geology (IAEG)
- International Geological Congress (IGC)
- The World Academy
UN-Sasakawa Disaster Prevention Award by UN Humanitarian and Emergency Relief Co-ordination Office of IDNDR Secretariat in Geneva for its efforts in disseminating the scientific knowledge and spreading the awareness of prevention of the natural disaster in 1998.