Nepal Geological Society
Lazimpat, Kathmandu, Nepal
24 Srawan 2079 (updated on 2079/05/09)
Notice for Scholarship 2079
This is to notify the concerned students of Nepalese universities that Nepal Geological Society is going to award the following scholarships:
- PADMAMOD Scholarship: One girl and one boy of M.Sc. in general geology or engineering geology will be awarded the PADMAMOD Scholarship who are doing master’s thesis from any Nepalese universities in 2079 (batch 2075 and 2076) in a topic related to geo-hazard risk management. The applicants must have passed M.Sc. I and II semesters in the regular university examinations. Additionally, one girl and one boy studying at B.Sc. IV year in geology in 2079 at Tribhuvan University will be awarded the scholarship. Winners of the scholarship will be declared on the basis of merit.
- 18th Executive Excellent Award: One student will be awarded from among the students studying at 1st semester of M.Sc. in 2078-79 (batch-2077) in general geology or engineering geology of Tribhuvan University. Winner of the scholarship will be declared on the basis of merit in bachelor’s degree.
- Jagadiswar-Shashi Shrestha Award for Excellence in Geoscience: The scholarship will be granted to one student with top position in M.Sc. degree in general geology from Tribhuvan University in 2078 (batch-2074).
- Rama-Ramesh Bashyal Scholarship: The scholarship will be granted to one student studying at 4th semester in M.Sc. in 2079 (batch 2076) in general geology program on the basis of merit in M.Sc. I and II Semesters, as well as permanent resident of remote area of Nepal and completed high school education from government/community school with excellent academic records.
- Krishna-Geeta Kaphle Scholarship Fund: One student will be granted from among the students studying at M.Sc. in 2079 (batch 2076) in geology of Mineral Exploration and Mining Stream at Central Department of Geology, Tribhuvan University and doing master’s degree thesis related to Mineral Exploration and Mining field. Award will be declared strictly on the basis of merit in M.Sc. I and II semesters.
- Ramesh-Seema Aryal Excellence Award: One student studying at master degree in IV semester in 2079 (batch-2076) in general geology or engineering geology program with thesis related to mineral resources of Nepal on the basis of merit in M.Sc. I and II semesters.
- NGS Manila Khatiwada Memorial Scholarship: The scholarship awardee must be a female studying at M.Sc. I Semester in 2078-79 (batch-2077) in engineering geology at Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University. The female student with highest academic record in B.Sc. in geology will be awarded the scholarship.
- NGS 19th Executive Poor and Noble student Scholarship Award: Students studying in master’s degree in general geology, engineering geology or any other disciplines of geology at Tribhuvan University who is poor and noble, studied school level and +2 levels from the government/ Community school are eligible for the NGS 19th Executive Poor and Noble student Scholarship Award.
Students must submit their application, attested copy of mark-sheets of B.Sc. in geology and M.Sc. 1st, and 2nd Semesters and a CV at the office of Nepal Geological Society, Lazimpat, Kathmandu through 2079/05/23, 3:00 pm. For the case of PADMAMOD Scholarship, Krishna-Geeta Kaphle Scholarship Fund and Ramesh-Seema Aryal Excellence Award, a related proposal according to the criteria mentioned above of Master’s thesis from supervisor with recommendation letter are compulsory to submit with application. Likewise, for the Rama-Ramesh Bashyal Scholarship, applicant must submit a letter from the district education office mentioning that the high school is government/community school. They should submit Transcript of B.Sc. and Mark sheets of M.Sc. I and II semesters as well as a related proposal according to the criteria mentioned above of Master’s thesis from supervisor with recommendation letter are compulsory to submit with application. For the NGS Manila Khatiwada Memorial Scholarship, applicant must submit the Transcript of B.Sc. and admission slip at M.Sc. I semester in engineering geology in 2078. Students studying at M.Sc. I Semester in 2078-79 (batch-2077) in engineering geology or general geology are encouraged to apply for the NGS 19th Executive Poor and Noble Student Scholarship Award with an attested letter of poor economic situation from the local government of their home village, a letter from the district education office mentioning that the high school and +2 level is a government/community school; and the applicant must also submit an attested copy of transcript of their B.Sc. For the application from students of B.Sc. IV year in geology applying for the PADMOD Scholarship, applicants must submit attested copies of their B.Sc. first- and second-year transcripts. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of merit in B.Sc. I and II years with no back papers in any subject.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will make the final decision about the recipients of the awards.
Note: Incomplete application will not be valid for the scholarship competition.
-Scholarship Selection Committee, Nepal Geological Society