Nepal Geological Society is going to organize the NGS Webinar Series 2021 from May 13, 2021, till the end of 2021. This webinar is organizing to exchange experiences, knowledge, and ideas with the theme “Webinar for Geoscience, Environment and Sustainable Development”. The purpose of the seminar series, which is one of the regular activities of NGS, is to provide a platform for sharing, among member-geologists and beyond the membership of NGS, aspects of scientific progress, concerns, problems, research outcomes, and also to promote professional dialogue across professional disciplines towards integrated solutions for linking science to the policy landscape and the communities’ aspirations towards socio-economic development. Thus, we welcome discussions on in-depth research on any particular field of geology and earth sciences and mining engineering, at the same time we try to invite lecturers and presentations on closely related disciplines in science, engineering, and other technologies as well as science education and policies. NGS has committed to fostering specific scientific researches and also work together with professionals of other fields towards fulfillment, as applicable to Nepal, of the objectives of various global frameworks such as the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, SDGs, CCA and Paris Agreement, World Humanitarian Summit conclusions, the Urban Agenda, etc, to which Nepal has agreed and has pledged adherence to.
NGS is collaborating with NAST, CDG-TU, Dept. of Geology, Trichandra Campus-TU, Nepal Engineering Association, Department of Mines and Geology, Department of Environment, NDRRMA, Universal Engineering, and Science College to organize this webinar series.
- Webinar of Mr. Narayan Rupakheti, Under Secretary (Technical), Deparment of National Parks and Wildfire Conservation : Initial Envirnoment Examination (IEE) and Environment Impact Assessment (EIA): 13 May 2021
- Disaster risk reduction: a “Sangam” of disciplines- Webinar of Mr. Rajib Shaw: 20 May 2021
- Geohydrology of Nepal Himalayas – Implications for Water Resources Utilization, A webinar of Dr. Dinesh Pathak
- “Using Petrochronology to understand the Himalayan Tectonic Evolution” -A webinar by Dr. Gautam Khanal,
- “Status of Geological Mapping in Nepal”-A webinar by Mr. Shiv Kumar Baskota
- Making Asia Resilient to Disasters by 2030 – Efforts of CSOs in Asia linking Local Efforts to the Global Frameworks for DRR, CCA/CRM, EWS & Humanitarian Action” -A webinar by Mr. Takeshi KOMINO Mr. Takeshi KOMINO
- Dr. Ramesh Guragain
- Er. Tuklal Adhikari
- Foreseeable Future: Seamless Integration of Weather, Water and Climate Service: A Webinar by Bapon Fakhruddin
- “Disaster and the Built Environment: Building Codes for Disaster Resilience and Post-Disaster Housing Reconstruction and the Linkages Thereof” A Webinar by Dr. Iftekhar Ahmed
- Engineering geology versus geotechnology: Demarcating the merged and merging the demarcated perspectives” : A Webinar by Dr. Netra Prakash Bhandary
- Tectono-stratigraphic framework of Nepal Himalaya: a critical review, A Webinar by Prof. Dr. Megh Raj Dhital
- A Webinar on “Hill slope hazard assessment of affected districts by the 2015 Gorkha Earthquake” by Dr. Suchita Shrestha