1) Name of the Scholarship: 18th Executive Excellent Award
This scholarship is established by personal contribution from the members of 18th executive committee. There is individual contribution of amount in their interest. The 18th executive committee consists of: Dr. Kabi Raj Paudyal (President), Dr. Ganesh Nath Tripathi (Vice-president), Dr. Kamala Kant Acharya (General Secretary), Mr. Surendra Maharjan (Joint-secretary), Mr. Laxman Subedi (Treasurer), Ms. Indira Shiwakoti (Member), Mr. Dev Kumar Shyangbo (Member), Mr. Narayan Adhikari (Member), Mr. Rabindra Dhakal (Member), Mr. Bala Ram Upadhyaya (Member), Mr. Lokendra Pandeya (Member) and Miss Sunu Dawadi (Member).
2) Amount of Scholarship The total amount is NRs. 230,000 (in words: two hundred thirty thousands only), which will be deposited in a fixed deposit in Rastriya Banijjya Bank, Bhotahitiy branch in the name of Nepal Geological Society. The interest of that amount will be given to the appropriate candidate.
3) Candidates of scholarship: Students who are studying in Master’s Degree in General Geology, Engineering Geology or any other disciplines of geology under Tribhuvan University securing the highest marks in Bachelor’s Degree.
4) Selection Criteria: NGS will form a Scholarship sub-committee including one member from the donor. Here, any one member of the 18th executive committee should be included in the sub-committee on behalf of donor. The sub-committee will write a letter to the head of the subject committee of the geology (Head of the Central Department of Geology or Department of Geology, Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus or other campuses who will run the M.Sc. program in geology in future) to propose the name of highest score students in B.Sc. level and studying in M.Sc. in geology/engineering geology or other related degree in geology. If two or more students ranked in the highest position, the amount will be divided in equal proportion.
5) Scholarship Distribution: The scholarship will be distributed in each AGM of Nepal Geological Society (Generally in Bhadra of each year). In Scholarship distribution ceremony representative member (s) from the donor will be invited as the guest.