During the conference, we will stay for the two first days in Kathmandu and move from there to the epicentral area of the 2015 Gorkha earthquake in the Bhotekoshi River valley, where the conference will continue at Borderlands rafting camp. The conference will include 1.5 days of field visits. The full week, including food and lodging as well as transportation will cost €525 (€445 for early career scientists).
Due to venue size, the conference will be limited to 80 participants (pre-registration deadline was 30 April 2019). All accepted participants will be provided with a registration link. In case any questions arise, please contact Christoff Andermann (email@example.com). The deadline for final registration and payment is 31 August 2019.
Terms and conditions
- Registrations are for the persons specified and are non-transferable.
- Changes to registration invoices are only possible with regard to the invoice address or order references. Any such claims must be received by Copernicus Meetings no later than 6 weeks after the last day of the conference. Later requests cannot be considered.
- Changes to the registration rate selected in the finalized registration form, including received invoice, can only be realized for unpaid invoices. Then, the attendee is asked to cancel the registration order and to place a new order through the registration form, including the correct registration rate. Please note that the deadline for registration is also valid in such cases.
- Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received by Copernicus Meetings before 31 August 2019. The cancellation fee is €50.
- Cancellations after 31 August 2019 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
- There is no reason (including but not limited to illness, inability to travel, visa application rejection, travel restrictions, etc.) for registration cancellation that makes the above-mentioned deadline for cancellations inapplicable.
The organizers cannot accept liability for personal accident, loss, or damage to private property, which may be incurred as a result of the participation in the conference. Participants are, therefore, advised to arrange appropriate insurance coverage. This should apply not only to travel but also to cancellation costs.
Thanks to support from the EGU and the US National Science Foundation (NSF), we can offer a limited number of travel and registration grants to eligible participants.
EGU support is available for early career scientists (ECS), as defined by the EGU. ECS grants will be given to cover registration costs for the conference. The deadline for support application was 30 April 2019.